Unlike traditional cannulae, Bi-Flow’s patented design incorporates a unique elbow and downstream perfusion channel. The cannula is easy to insert and remove and provides simultaneous systemic and distal perfusion to the lower limb.
Limb ischemia is an often-underestimated potential complication of femoral artery cannulation. It can affect up to 11% of patients* undergoing complex cardiac surgery procedures and may have devastating consequences such as higher mortality, higher morbidity and longer hospital stay.
The LivaNova Bi-Flow cannula is designed to reduce this risk in all procedures requiring femoral cannulation, including:
- Minimally invasive cardiac surgery
- Re-do cardiac surgery
- Other complex cardiac surgery procedures.
In addition to its unique bidirectional perfusion design, Bi-Flow also offers:
- Simple and straightforward insertion and removal process, both percutaneously using a standard needle and guide wire technique or after a surgical cut-down
- DOP-free tubing for enhanced biocompatibility
- Optimal pressure drop level for adequate systemic perfusion
In addition to Bi-Flow, LivaNova offers a complete cannulae portfolio for direct and femoral cannulation, as well as a comprehensive range of aortic and mitral valve replacement solutions to accommodate all MICS clinical needs.