The Protek cannulae line by TandemLife provide unmatched versatility, with a family of unique cannulae designed to meet the needs of the most demanding mechanical cardiac support (MCS) programs.
The ProtekDuo® line includes our patented dual lumen cannula for right atrium to pulmonary artery bypass.
ProtekDuo® is inserted percutaneously at the right internal jugular vein and it is uniquely positioned to drain deoxygenated blood from the right atrium and return it via the pulmonary artery. ProtekDuo® provides supplemental circulatory support and allows:
- Less invasive approach with insertion at the RIJ vein for clean access and patient mobility2,3
- Patient awake and participating in care
- Enhanced cardiac function, unloading the right ventricle with low incidence of hemolysis4,5
The ProtekSolo® line features two single lumen cannulae set to enable left atrium to femoral artery bypass. The ProtekSolo® Transseptal cannula is inserted at the femoral vein and placed in the left atrium via a transseptal procedure. The oxygenated blood is then returned via the femoral artery with ProtekSolo® Arterial
ProtekSolo® Transseptal provides left atrial cannulation and allows:
- Left Ventricle unloading up to 80% with consistent flow rates up to 5L/m6
- Cardiac Power output of ~1 Watt7
- The power to recover, resting the left ventricle with left atrial-femoral artery cannulation.6
ProtekSolo® Arterial includes features unique to the TandemLife family designed to augment patient safety. The cannula provides arterial cannulation ad allows:
- Secure attachment to patient with suture wings
- Prevention of over-insertion with rubber stop
- Simple insertion with friction fit introducer with luer port
For more information about LivaNova MCS cannulae, please visit our product highlights section.
- Schmack et al. – Med Sci Monit Basic Res. 2016 May 5;22:53-7
- Aggarwal et al – Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2016 Sep;88(3):390-6
- Bermudez et al. – Poster presented at ASAIO 2018 (Washington – USA)
- O’Neil at al. – Abstract presented at SCAI 2018 (San Diego, USA)
- Weil BR et al – JACC Cardiovasc Interv. 2016 Nov 28;9(22):2292-230
- Burkhoff D et al – Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2012 Nov 1;80(5):816-29